There is no doubt that our feet do a lot of heavy lifting (or should that be, heavy walking!) which means that they deserve a good pampering from time to time. Whether you want to heal cracked heels with a scrub, soften with a soak, moisturise with a mask, or smooth with a moisturiser, your feet will thank you for the TLC you give to them.
With autumn now in our midst, you might like to try these autumn-inspired home recipes that will be a total treat for your weary feet. This foot treatment is as effective as any you can get from a spa and is easy to do at home using everyday ingredients.
ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) Foot Soak
Start off your at-home foot treatment with this foot soak. The ACV can help to dissolve dead skin that causes cracked heels while also killing germs. Do this 2-3 times a week to soften the skin and prepare it for the foot scrub.
Simply pour ¼ cup of ACV in a tub of warm water and soak your feet in the mixture for about ten minutes before moving on to the scrub.
Pumpkin Spice Foot Scrub
If you suffer from cracked heels, then this easy-to-make scrub will totally help to smooth the dry skin, and the autumn spices make it almost good enough to eat! It is recommended to exfoliate feet regularly to remove dry skin and this mixture is great to massage into your feet following the ACV soak.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon essential oil
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/3- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the sugars and spices
- Mix together with a wooden spoon
- Slowly pour in the oil and stir until well blended to make a damp texture
- Apply to the feet by massaging the mixture with your hands
Banana Pulp Foot Mask
After the delicious scrub, you can moisturise your feet with this simple and natural banana pulp foot mask for softer and smoother feet.
- 1 ripe banana
- Warm water
- Take a banana and mash it with a fork
- Apply the pulp to your feet
- After 15 minutes wash it off with lukewarm water
Lime Foot Mask
The next step in your foot pamper session is to apply this foot moisturiser that will smooth dry and achy feet and help to avoid cracked heels.
- 1 tbsp. petroleum jelly
- Juice from 1 lime
- Cotton socks
- Mix the petroleum jelly with lime juice
- Apply the mixture by gently massaging your feet and cover your feet with cotton socks and leaving them on overnight
Lavender Moisturizing Cream
Finally, applying this easy to make moisturising cream every day to your feet will keep them feeling soft and smooth through autumn and into the winter.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- Take 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add 2 to 3 drops of lavender oil
- Mix the ingredients until they form a thick, milky solution and apply to your feet
These homemade foot spa recipes are not only easy to make using ingredients in your cupboard, but they will treat your feet effectively without using any nasty chemicals. Paying attention to your feet with regular treatments like the above will keep them smooth - and your feet will thank you for it!